[yocto] dnf fail in do_rootfs cannot find shared library

Piotr Betlej piotr.betlej at googlemail.com
Sun Jun 23 01:46:53 PDT 2019

Hi all,

this happens if one compiles a plain makefile project, since there is no
-Wl,-soname,my_library.so.1 linker option added automatically as it is in
case of using autotools or cmake for recipe.
DNF checks content of the so file and if it does not have SONAME inside, it
refuses to continue rootfs processing displaying confusing message "nothing
provides my_lib.so ...". There should be a better warning message or some
clean policy for it.

Regards

Piotr Betlej