[yocto] dnf causing build failure

Larry Brown elcapitanbrown at gmail.com
Fri Jun 14 06:52:40 PDT 2019

I've created a recipe that simply copies files into a folder of the image.
Basically in this form:

SUMMARY = "Some text"
HOMEPAGE = ""
LICENSE = "CLOSED"
LIC_FILES_CHKSUM = ""

DEPENDS = "openssl"

do_install () {
     install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/path/fileA ${B}/
     install -m 0644 ${WORKDIR}/path/fileB ${B}/
}

FILES_${PN}-ssh = "${sysconfdir}/path/fileA ${sysconfdir}/path/fileB"

When I build this I only want the files in the target image.  I don't need
an rpm built that could be used to deliver these files.  Now there might be
something I could do that would enable DNF to succeed, however I would like
to learn how to get the package installer to ignore/skip a recipe (
openssh-keys-install.bb in this case) that is only used during the initial
build.

Can someone shed some light here?

Also, if there is already a way built into the build process to retain a
set of keys for each device so they don't keep creating new keys, that
would be cool and appreciated, but I'm wanting to learn how to accomplish
this so it does not stop me when wanting to include other files elsewhere.

I'm assuming here that there is someone here that has dealt with this;
however, if I'm mistaken the following is the error that is generated when
building.  And by the way, the files do get placed into the correct folder
(after some bit of tweaking of the code).  But the error persists:

ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Could not invoke dnf. Command
'...--nogpgcheck install base-passwd iptables openssh openssh-keys-install
packagegroup-core-boot run-postinsts shadow' returned 1:
DNF version:4.2.2
cachedir:
/stor/development/yocto/poky/trident-build/tmp/work/raspberrypi3_64-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs/var/cache/dnf
Added oe-repo repo from
/stor/development/yocto/poky/trident-build/tmp/work/raspberrypi3_64-poky-linux/core-image-minimal/1.0-r0/oe-rootfs-repo
repo: using cache for: oe-repo
not found other for:
not found modules for:
not found deltainfo for:
not found updateinfo for:
oe-repo: using metadata from Thu 13 Jun 2019 09:13:54 PM UTC.
No module defaults found
No match for argument: openssh-keys-install
Error: Unable to find a match

ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs:
ERROR: core-image-minimal-1.0-r0 do_rootfs: Function failed: do_rootfs

TIA

--
Larry Brown
S/V Trident