[yocto] How to specify a different kernel for an image

Patrick Doyle wpdster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 10:12:04 PDT 2019

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 2:05 AM Gabriele Zampieri
<gabbla.malist at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Patrick,
>
> thank you for the clarification.
> I have no idea on how to encapsulate the output of bitbake into another image in a nice and clean way. I'm pretty sure that you must run two separate bitbake, one per MACHINE.
> What about a partitioned USB stick? You could have the base partition schema plus an extra partition that contains the production image. The implementation depends on which tool you are going to use to partition the output image (if any).
>
> Gabriele
Thanks again for your thoughts, ideas, and conversation.  Based on
this conversation and further research around the web, it seems like
defining a new MACHINE is the best/only way to go.  (This is where you
say, "That's what I TOLD you at the beginning!!!!)

--wpd