[yocto] How to specify a different kernel for an image

Gabriele Zampieri gabbla.malist at gmail.com
Thu Jul 18 22:57:59 PDT 2019

Hi,

you could define two machines, where the manufacturing one is just an
overlay of the production one. If the two kernels differs only for their
config, you can specify different defconfig based on machine. If you need a
completely different kernel, just specify
PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/kernel in manufacturing overlay

Best regards,
Gabriele