[yocto] wpewebkit, cog and libgles2

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Tue Jul 16 10:36:46 PDT 2019

Joshua wrote...

>>I’m confused now as there appears to be two active meta layers that support WPE WebKit. The one you reference meta-wpe and the one I was originally using meta-webkit (https://github.com/Igalia/meta-webkit) as that was the one that included Cog. Is one preferred to the other?
>
>AFAIK, meta-webkit is the one you should be using. Its the one currently being actively maintained by the WPEWebKit folks.
I have gone back to using that one. I think I am being a bit dim (I
blame the unusually warm UK weather) but I can’t see what bitbake is
complaining about. Having added:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " nodejs wpewebkit”

bitbake reports:

ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'libepoxy' (but
/home/me/yocto/sources/meta-webkit/recipes-browser/wpewebkit/wpewebkit_2.24.2.bb
DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it)
libepoxy was skipped: missing required distro feature 'opengl' (not in
DISTRO_FEATURES)

despite my local.conf containing:

DISTRO_FEATURES_append = " opengl libepoxy”

Can someone put me out of my misery?

-Andy.