[yocto] Stuck to build zImage-initramfs

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 06:31:25 PDT 2019

Jupiter,

I never read carefully the whole mechanism how to bundle kernel with
initramfs in YOCTO.

I have there a description how to organize kernel image WITHOUT
initramfs (only kernel image by itself) and separately initramfs as
final stage, so I can do the tests with Lava, but I developed another
meanings with such a configuration: some another way of testing
various proofs of concepts.

What you are asking is a classical approach: kernel bundled with
initramfs, which is called Dracut phase, before mounting HDD/SSD
permanent rootfs... It is non-trivial process, controlled by various
kernel scripts.

I also need to analyse this @ thread regarding what you have asked
for... Maybe this is good time do to such a analysis! If?

Zoran
_______