[yocto] RDEPENDS and do_rootfs

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jan 31 02:52:22 PST 2019

Forgot to say, Bitbake's dependency model is loosely based on Debian's
so the Debian Policy is a good read for semantics:

https://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#binary-dependencies-depends-recommends-suggests-enhances-pre-depends

Debian's "Depends" is our "RDEPENDS", what you want is "Pre-Depends"
that we don't (yet) support.  As I said, this is just a matter of
picking a name and then mapping it into the control file.

Ross