[yocto] RDEPENDS and do_rootfs

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Thu Jan 31 02:49:13 PST 2019

Presumably the problem here is that you've a maintainer script
(preinst or postinst) in B that needs a binary/library from A, and is
failing because B's postinst is running before A is unpacked?  If not,
please clarify, otherwise the problem is that DEPENDS just talks about
the final solution.  If you want to express that A needs to be
installed and configured before B is configured then you'll need to
use Pre-Depends, which I don't believe are actually supported in the
packaging classes yet.  I know that dpkg and opkg support this, and
presumably rpm too, so extending the packaging classes is a few
minutes work.

Ross