[yocto] libstdc++fs on toolchain

João Gonçalves joao.jfgoncalves at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:39:56 PST 2019

> > I've tested with gcc 7.3 and with gcc 8.2 and and none have the
> libstdc++fs
> > library.
> > On my host machine the library is at
> > /usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/7/libstdc++fs.a
> >
> > Does anyone know how to include this library on a yocto generated
> toolchain?
>
> At least on x86 targets, it's available from gcc-runtime recipe and
> libstdc++-staticdev binary package on sumo/yocto 2.5 and later.

Yes, It is available on libstdc++-staticdev, thank you
But now it wasn't installed on toolchain sysroot  (built with my image
do_populate_sdk)

I tested adding libstdc++-staticdev to IMAGE_INSTALL.

Adding it to TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK and TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK make the
populate_sdk fail.

Isn't  the TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK the right way to add a package only to the
toolchain?