[yocto] make-mod-scripts

Russell Peterson peterson.russell at gmail.com
Wed Jan 16 07:00:55 PST 2019

Hello,

We are seeing build failures every now and then regarding our out of tree
modules.

I have tracked the issue down to make-mod-scripts performing the make
oldconfig and prepare operations.  Normally this works, however, if for
some reason a clean is done on the linux kernel, the build artifacts
directory gets wiped out.  While the build artifacts directory does get
rebuilt, make-mod-scripts:do_configure is never triggered because it
doesn't think anything changed.  This breaks the module build because it
can't find auto.conf.

I think I can nostamp make-mod-scripts for now but is there a more elegant,
efficient solution here?  Seems like make-mod-scripts is designed to only
build once.

Regards,

Russell