[yocto] Is it possible to upgrade Nodejs from 8 to 10 LTS?

Stefano Cappa stefano.cappa.ks89 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 10 10:04:43 PST 2019

Thank u for the answer.

The problem is that I'm not expert in this stuff and Nodejs is not
something so easy to port like small softwares and so on. I think that
Nodejs is more appropriate for advanced users.
However, I'll try to do some other random experiments to understand how to
port the recipe and eventually I'll post my progress here also if not fully
working.

Another suggestion to the open-embedded community is to create two recipes,
one called nodejs and another one nodejs-lts. Generally speaking its easier
to do smaller upgrades if made step by step. In this way it is possible to
maintain the current lts and also the latest release (not lts). Probably
the porting from the latest non lts to the next lts wil be simpler then
skipping two versions in a single step. But these are only my suppositions.
I never ported complex softwares like this in yocto, so I could say stupid
things.