[yocto] unable to boot r5 core while using meta-openamp layer for r5 and a53 communication

Pandey, Kamal Kamal.Pandey at ifm.com
Wed Jan 9 07:50:04 PST 2019

Hello,
I am trying to run echo_test between r5 and a53 cores. I am following Building Linux Applications Using OpenAMP RPMsg in Linux
Userspace (UG1186). I built the Linux a53 side image using yocto and did the changes in device tree as per mentioned in UG1186 (userspace part page no. 39).
Also, I updated the bootgen.bif file by adding the line :
[destination_cpu=r5-0] <path to RPU firmware>
I created the RPU firmware elf file using Xilinx SDK and it also contains the echo_test along with openamp and libmetal. I did not include this elf file in my yocto project.
It is just mentioned in the.bif file with proper path.
While booting the machine I did not see any logs for r5 booting as mention in ZynqMP Linux Master running on APU with RPMsg in userspace and 2 RPU slaves  of the link<https://xilinx-wiki.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/A/pages/18842144/OpenAMP+2018.1#OpenAMP2018.1-ZynqMPLinuxMasterrunningonAPULinuxloadsOpenAMPRPUFirmware> as shown :
Starting application...
Try to init remoteproc resource
Init remoteproc resource succeeded
Waiting for events...
Also, while booting the a53 core and running echo_test-openamp, I get the following output :
metal: info:      metal_uio_dev_open: No IRQ for device 3ed40000.vring.
metal: info:      metal_uio_dev_open: No IRQ for device 3ed40000.vring.
metal: info:      metal_uio_dev_open: No IRQ for device 3ed80000.shm.
1 - Send data to remote core, retrieve the echo and validate its integrity ..
Remote proc resource initialized.

and then nothing. I had to press Ctrl+C to abort.
Can somebody explain what am I missing and how can I boot r5 core?