[yocto] Storing Sstate in S3 success stories?

Timothy Froehlich tfroehlich at archsys.io
Mon Feb 25 17:44:51 PST 2019

I've been spending a bit too long this past week trying to build up a
reproducable build infrastructure in AWS and I've got very little
experience with cloud infrastucture and I'm wondering if I'm going in the
wrong direction. I'm attempting to host my sstate_cache as a mirror in a
private S3 bucket, and I believe I have everything configured properly,
including exposing the bucket to http requests, since I can wget files that
I've previously synced up to the bucket. However if I add in the
SSTATE_MIRRORS to my build, bitbake slows to a crawl (it's a powerful VM)
and barely seems to get anything. The EC2 instance is in the same region as
the S3 bucket, roles have been configured properly to allow access, etc.

I'm not looking for help debugging this, I just want to know whether I'm
right that hosting my sstate in an S3 bucket should work. I've only been
able to find one mention of it being done with no reproduction hints.