[yocto] Review request 0/13: Contribute meta-tensorflow to Yocto

Stephen Lawrence stephen.lawrence at renesas.com
Mon Feb 25 07:10:08 PST 2019

[snip]

> > I believe that meta-oe is too large to be maintainable and that we need
> > a larger number of smaller layers.
> >

> There is a fine balance to be had, that I have come to realize over years now
> but AI is large enough and segmented enough to have a layer of its own.
>
> > Having tensorflow in its own layer which as a specific purpose and its
> > specific maintainers who understand it is in my view much more
> > desirable and sustainable.
>
> I think its a good idea to have various AI infras in one layer
> including tensorflow
> unless we have large enough dev community to maintain each of them so I like
> meta-ai conceptually.

From a brief discussion with the team here one issue is the low backwards compatibility
between models from different Tensorflow versions. I don't know how fast upstream is moving,
but there may be demand to support more than one version per YP version. That's not
unsurmountable of course, but I thought I would mention it.

meta-renesas-ai has a MIT license btw if it’s a help in creating something more generic
and shared.

Regards

Steve