[yocto] Review request 0/13: Contribute meta-tensorflow to Yocto

Richard Purdie richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Sat Feb 23 07:29:22 PST 2019

On Fri, 2019-02-22 at 20:49 +0000, Manjukumar Harthikote Matha wrote:

> > You might be interested in the yocto layers for tensorflow,
> > tensorflow-lite and
> > caffe2 on github here [1]. I'm not part of the team that developed
> > that work but I
> > forwarded your announcement to them. Perhaps there is the
> > opportunity for some
> > collaboration on the platform independent parts. The maintainer
> > details are in the
> > readme.
> >

> Thanks for the layer Hongxu. I agree with Steve, it would be good if
> you could collaborate with meta-renesas-ai and introduce the layer as
> meta-ai under meta-openembedded.

Please don't do the meta-openembedded part!

I believe that meta-oe is too large to be maintainable and that we need
a larger number of smaller layers.

Having tensorflow in its own layer which as a specific purpose and its
specific maintainers who understand it is in my view much more
desirable and sustainable.

Cheers,

Richard