[yocto] Conditional include in image recipe.

Quentin Schulz quentin.schulz at streamunlimited.com
Mon Aug 26 00:25:52 PDT 2019

Hi Mauro,

On Sat, Aug 24, 2019 at 12:19:08PM +0200, Mauro Ziliani wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I working on a image recipe.
>
> If I include the layer meta-raspberrypi layer  I'd like to include
> recipes-code/images/rpi-basic-image-bb.
>
> While if i not include meta-raspberrypi layer I don't include
> rpi-basic-image.

Or you can just safely ignore if the file does not exist (for Yocto,
which most likely means that the layer is not included).

You have two "include" mechanisms for non-class files:
 * require
 * include

"Require" requires the file to be there and fails otherwise while
"include" tries to include the file, if it's not there, it continues.

https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#include-directive
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/current/bitbake-user-manual/bitbake-user-manual.html#require-inclusion

Quentin
--
StreamUnlimited Engineering GmbH
High Tech Campus Vienna, Gutheil-Schoder-Gasse 10, 1100 Vienna, Austria