[yocto] Different package versions between host SDK and target image

Benjamin Crawford crawford.benjamin15 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 07:32:51 PDT 2019

Hi,

I've been happily building images for the Renesas R-Car platform using the
Yocto project until recently. After clearing the sstate-cache and
rebuilding, I'm now suddenly encountering an issue where the version of
OpenCV being installed into the host SDK and the one being installed into
the target rootfs are different (OpenCV 3.3.x vs 3.4.x). Obviously, I now
can't develop applications as the binaries try to link to the wrong version
of the library. Can anyone tell what might have happened?

Kind regards,
Ben