[yocto] Yocto 2.7 SDK Eclipse

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 21 03:02:49 PDT 2019

On Wed, 21 Aug 2019 at 11:00, Bert Böhne <bert.boehne at systec.de> wrote:

> thanks for your reply. Do I need the plugins for writing and debugging
> code in Eclipse? The documentation says:
>

> 24.9.11. ADT Removed¶
>

> The Application Development Toolkit (ADT) has been removed because its
> functionality almost completely overlapped with the standard SDK and the
> extensible SDK. For information on these SDKs and how to build and use
> them, see the Yocto Project Application Development and the Extensible
> Software Development Kit (eSDK) manual.
>

> So would it work if I use Eclipse and maybe a plugin for CMake? Start
> Eclipse from the cmdline where I sourced the SDK environment setup script?
>

> What is the ‘normal’ way or tool for writing applications? Is it weird to
> want to use Eclipse?

I do not want to define 'normal'; for me personally the way to work is to
do everything from command line, with an extremely lightweight editor (e.g.
nano). Since I have never used Eclipse, I do not know what the (now
removed) plugins actually do. You can certainly still edit code using
Eclipse but I can imagine that for building it, and running it and other
things you would have to switch to the command line.

Alex