[yocto] Yocto 2.7 SDK Eclipse

Bert Böhne bert.boehne at systec.de
Wed Aug 21 02:00:15 PDT 2019

Hi Alex,

thanks for your reply. Do I need the plugins for writing and debugging code in Eclipse? The documentation says:

24.9.11. ADT Removed¶

The Application Development Toolkit (ADT) has been removed because its functionality almost completely overlapped with the standard SDK and the extensible SDK. For information on these SDKs and how to build and use them, see the Yocto Project Application Development and the Extensible Software Development Kit (eSDK) manual.

So would it work if I use Eclipse and maybe a plugin for CMake? Start Eclipse from the cmdline where I sourced the SDK environment setup script?

What is the ‘normal’ way or tool for writing applications? Is it weird to want to use Eclipse?

Thanks,

Bert