[yocto] [meta-raspberrypi] Issues building bcm2835_bootfiles in Thud

Phillip Marks pmarks at soeffects.com
Wed Aug 14 09:39:32 PDT 2019

We are building Thud for a raspberry-pi0+wifi and we've noticed that the
recipe bcm2835_bootfiles under meta-raspberrypi/recipes-bsp/bootfiles is
not pulling in the proprietary *.dtb modules from the firmware repository.
This is causing linux-raspberrypi to fail as it tries to build those
modules and fails on "no target found for bcm2708-rpi-0-w.dtb". How does
bcm2835_bootfiles pull in the Broadcom firmware modules and where in build
does it store them? We don't see them in tmp/work.

- Phillip Marks