[yocto] Unable to build Yocto meta-freescale layer for NXP

Sayan Sinha sayan.sinha at iitkgp.ac.in
Wed Aug 14 11:04:47 PDT 2019

Hello everyone,

  I was trying to build Yocto for my NXP. I tried building the Meta
Freescale layer (meta-freescale - Layer containing NXP hardware support
metadata). As mentioned in the Yocto Project Quick Build page, I added the
Meta Freescale layer to bitbake using `bitbake-layers add-layer
../meta-freescale-2.2`. Unfortunately, when I run `bitbake
meta-freescale-2.2`, I get an error message

```
ERROR: ParseError at ~/poky/meta/classes/image.bbclass:18: Could not
inherit file classes/image_types_uboot.bbclass | ETA: 0:00:06

```
Any insights on this would be constructive. I would also like to mention
that my final aim is to build Yocto (with RTOS support, preferably using
Litmus RT) for NXP SBC-S32V234.

Thanks a lot in advance!