[yocto] State of Meson build system through eSDK

Martin Siegumfeldt mns at gomspace.com
Tue Aug 13 04:06:08 PDT 2019

On 8/13/19 12:59 PM, Alexander Kanavin wrote:
On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 12:41, Martin Siegumfeldt <mns at gomspace.com<mailto:mns at gomspace.com>> wrote:
The link above is not about eSDK, it's about devtool which works perfectly fine in a non-SDK environment (e.g. plain yocto).

Hmm, since it is a subsection beneath 'Using the Extensible SDK' I was expecting the list to describe supported build systems related to devtool in context of the eSDK?

This is maybe not communicated well, but devtool works the same in and out of SDK environment. You can check what build systems it supports here:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/scripts/lib/recipetool/create_buildsys.py#n874

It probably wouldn't be too much effort to add a meson handler there. In any case, 'devtool add' is just a starting point, and does not promise to produce a fully working recipe.

Alex

Ok, so it does appear to be "close" but yet unknown territory. If I manage to find time for experiments, I'll get back with the results.

Thanks again :)