[yocto] State of Meson build system through eSDK

Alexander Kanavin alex.kanavin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 03:59:28 PDT 2019

On Tue, 13 Aug 2019 at 12:41, Martin Siegumfeldt <mns at gomspace.com> wrote:

> The link above is not about eSDK, it's about devtool which works perfectly
> fine in a non-SDK environment (e.g. plain yocto).
>
> Hmm, since it is a subsection beneath 'Using the Extensible SDK' I was
> expecting the list to describe supported build systems related to devtool
> in context of the eSDK?

This is maybe not communicated well, but devtool works the same in and out
of SDK environment. You can check what build systems it supports here:
http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/tree/scripts/lib/recipetool/create_buildsys.py#n874

It probably wouldn't be too much effort to add a meson handler there. In
any case, 'devtool add' is just a starting point, and does not promise to
produce a fully working recipe.

Alex