[yocto] ask a question about filesystem in yocto

Maciej Pijanowski maciej.pijanowski at 3mdeb.com
Sat Aug 10 01:26:19 PDT 2019

On 10.08.2019 09:20, www wrote:
> Dear all,
Hi,

> I'm new learner and user of yocto. When I used it, I encountered a
> problem. I don't know how to resolve it, so I ask for help.
> the problem is how can I create a new partition on yocto? if I have a
> package named webui, it can be generate several execute files and
> configuration files, the execute files will be install into
> filesystem, such as "/usr/bin", and be packed to rofs. but I don't
> want pack the configuration files  to rofs, and I want create a new
> image and the image will be a partition of the global image, and pack
> the configuration file to it, when the system start running, it can be
> separate    mount to the filesystem.
>
> When pack to rofs image, I don't know how to separate the execute file
> and configuration file in the webui package and pack to different
> part. Can someone help me to tell me how to solve this problem?
Please take a look at wic:
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4.2/dev-manual/dev-manual.html#creating-partitioned-images-using-wic

You can for example exclude some subdirectory from main rootfs partition
and place it onto another partition instead.

Take a look at following wic flags:
--rootfs-dir
--exclude-path

You can define subdirs to split in local.conf or another config file
(e.g. distro config) using the WIC_CREATE_EXTRA_ARGS
and flags as: --rootfs-dir rootfs-main=${IMAGE_ROOTFS}

--
Maciej Pijanowski
Embedded Systems Engineer