[yocto] ask a question about filesystem in yocto

www ouyangxuan10 at 163.com
Sat Aug 10 00:20:30 PDT 2019

Dear all,

I'm new learner and user of yocto. When I used it, I encountered a problem. I don't know how to resolve it, so I ask for help.
the problem is how can I create a new partition on yocto? if I have a package named webui, it can be generate several execute files and configuration files, the execute files will be install into filesystem, such as "/usr/bin", and be packed to rofs. but I don't want pack the configuration files  to rofs, and I want create a new image and the image will be a partition of the global image, and pack the configuration file to it, when the system start running, it can be  separate    mount to the filesystem.

When pack to rofs image, I don't know how to separate the execute file and configuration file in the webui package and pack to different part. Can someone help me to tell me how to solve this problem?

I am looking forward to your reply.

thanks,
Byron