[yocto] U-boot enable not working for Raspberry Pi3

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Wed Aug 7 11:59:48 PDT 2019

Hi Marek,

I'm going to top post so you don't have to scroll to the meat of the matter.

I had rebuilt my system because of a failing main hard disk and had lost settings on a number of the programs that I had to re-install and didn't notice. One that has obviously caused me problems is that the editor that I use I keep set to automatically save any changes on loss of focus. I had changed the local.conf file, but I didn't realize that it hadn't written out the changes.

I realized yesterday that the editor wasn't working as I expected and fixed the setting and went on. This morning I rebuilt my yocto system and it rebuilt more than I expected and when I installed it and booted, much to my surprise I realized that u-boot was being executed.

So sorry for the false concern, and thank you for the help and maybe someone will learn something from either my mistake or from your helpful responses.

Best Regards,

Greg Wilson-Lindberg