[yocto] U-boot enable not working for Raspberry Pi3

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Tue Aug 6 12:03:27 PDT 2019

Hi Marek,

Here is an excerpt from my local.conf file:

# CONF_VERSION is increased each time build/conf/ changes incompatibly and is used to
# track the version of this file when it was generated. This can safely be ignored if
# this doesn't mean anything to you.
CONF_VERSION = "1"

#
# Custom additions
#

# Additional dtbo's
KERNEL_DEVICETREE_remove = " overlays/mcp2515-can0.dtbo overlays/mcp2515-can1.dtbo"

# Fixes for inclusion of mysql
PACKAGECONFIG_append_pn-qtbase += " sql-mysql"
QT_CONFIG_FLAGS_append_pn-qtbase += " -I /usr/include/mysql"
QT_CONFIG_FLAGS_append_pn-qtbase += " -I ${STAGING_DIR_TARGET}/usr/include/mysql"

RPI_USE_U_BOOT = "1"

# End Custom additions
#

#INHERIT += "rm_work"
INHERIT += "image-buildinfo"
INHERIT += "internal-build"

I copied the line from the meta-raspberrypi documentation so I think it should be formatted correctly. I know the mysql stuff is working correctly.

I tried bitbake -e core-image-minmal and I don't get it being set then either.

> > BR,
> > Greg

BR,
Greg