[yocto] U-boot enable not working for Raspberry Pi3

Maciej Pijanowski maciej.pijanowski at 3mdeb.com
Tue Aug 6 10:27:48 PDT 2019

On 06.08.2019 18:55, Greg Wilson-Lindberg wrote:
> I'm working with a Yocto Sumo build provided with Qt's boot2qt system. I'm trying to enable using Das U-boot to load Linux as a first step in trying to enable OSTree updates.
>
> In the meta-raspberrypi documentation is says to set:
>
> RPI_USE_U_BOOT = "1"
Hi. I'm working with the U-Boot and RPI3 at the moment as well. I'm
using warrior revision and not using the
Qt at all though. In my case setting the above variable was enough to
build the U-Boot and include it in
the final image.

In my case the platform boots into the Linux. I'm having issues with
weird artifacts and resolution on the HDMI
display, though. I believe this may be related to the U-Boot patching
DTB to add the
simplefb:
https://github.com/u-boot/u-boot/blob/master/board/raspberrypi/rpi/rpi.c#L490
while I want to keep using  the brcm fb with userland etc. (proprietary
stuff).

--
Maciej Pijanowski
Embedded Systems Engineer