[yocto] U-boot enable not working for Raspberry Pi3

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Tue Aug 6 09:55:25 PDT 2019

I'm working with a Yocto Sumo build provided with Qt's boot2qt system. I'm trying to enable using Das U-boot to load Linux as a first step in trying to enable OSTree updates.

In the meta-raspberrypi documentation is says to set:

RPI_USE_U_BOOT = "1"

to enable u-boot for the raspberrypi. I have set that variable in the top level local.conf file but I don't seem to be getting any changes in the build. Nothing in the cooker log shows building u-boot, and the start up screen doesn't show any u-boot messages.

It appears that I'm missing necessary to turn u-boot on, can anybody shed some light on what is going on?

Regards,

Greg Wilson-Lindberg
www.sakuraus.com