[yocto] QA cycle report for 2.5.3 RC3

richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org richard.purdie at linuxfoundation.org
Thu Apr 25 02:55:32 PDT 2019

On Wed, 2019-04-24 at 06:28 +0000, Jain, Sangeeta wrote:
> That looks great to me.
> As a further improvement for sharing of test results, I am working to
> create a wiki page for consolidated
> test results. For 2.5.3, it can be viewed at:
> https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/WW16_-_2019-04-18_-_Full_Test_Cycle_2.5.3_RC3

The reasons for a wiki page are historical, mainly from the testopia
plugin to the wiki. I think going forward we should focus on having a
test report included in the release artefacts and that we shouldn't
need the wiki page.

> After you have added more results on AB, I will change some existing
> links on this web page with the new ones.
>
> Another thought I have is that since for any release, all data will
> be removed from public AB after few days of release,
> Should I include here a  link to "yocto-testresults" git repo? It
> will make this wiki page more useful for reference in future as well.

Release data is moved from the autobuilder to the main public release
location, e.g.:

http://downloads.yoctoproject.org/releases/yocto/yocto-2.6.2/testresults/

So if we put a test report as a release artefact, it moves with the
rest of the release artefacts and we're all good!

This avoids the need for any links as all the data is in one place.

Cheers,

Richard