[yocto] Multiple ubifs partition

Ulrich Ölmann u.oelmann at pengutronix.de
Wed Apr 24 06:15:55 PDT 2019

Hi Gabriele,

On Wed, Apr 24 2019 at 14:06 +0200, Gabriele Zampieri <gabbla.malist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm now testing genimage via meta-ptx in my Yocto workflow, but I found a
> problem: I cannot set a SRC_URI in my custom image recipe (that inherit
> from core-image which in turn inherit from image) because do_fetch and
> do_unpack tasks have noexec set to 1. If I specify the SRC_URI with my
> genimage.config, bitbake exits, complaining about LIC_FILE_CHECKSUM (that
> is correctly specified). If I hack image.bbclass and comment out
>
> #do_fetch[noexec] = "1"
>

> #do_unpack[noexec] = "1"
>
> The process start correctly. Is there a way to avoid touching image.bbclass
> and install my configuration from the image recipe?
>
> Thanks,
> Gabriele

you need one or more recipe(s) that construct(s) your filesystem(s) and
a separate one that makes a flashable image out of that (see the
introductory documentation in 'genimage.bbclass'). In the former you
inherit 'core-image' and only in the latter which inherits 'genimage'
you have to set the SRC_URI to point to your 'genimage.config'.

Best regards
Ulrich

--
Pengutronix e.K.                           | Ulrich Ölmann               |