[yocto] Whitelist gdbserver

Jeremy Overesch Jeremy.Overesch at millerwelds.com
Thu Sep 13 08:42:26 PDT 2018

HI all,

I'm attempting to whitelist gdbserver just for SDK purposes, while keeping all other GPLv3 code as incompatible (therefore unbuilt).  However, everything I've tried still results in gdbserver being removed from my SDK and therefore failing to build.

In my local.conf, I have the following line:

INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE = "GPLv3 LGPLv3 AGPLv3"

Through the yocto documentation (https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4/mega-manual/mega-manual.html#license-flag-matching), it appears that adding the following *should* work, yet it doesn't:

LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST = "GPLv3_gdbserver"

I've also tried the following lines individually:
LICENSE_FLAGS_WHITELIST = "GPLv3_gdbserver LGPLv3_gdbserver"
INCOMPATIBLE_LICENSE_gdbserver = ""

But none of these seem to work.

When I build, I get the following: