[yocto] DEPENDS=libusb1 | libusb-compat not building package

Tim Hammer tdhammer99 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 11:23:37 PDT 2018

Even with libusb1 in DEPENDS it fails. It may be in the configure script
(which works fine "outside" of a bitbake build), but what I am confused
about is the lack of any libusb content in my cc-tool build tree.

When I added boost to the DEPENDS, I got the headers and libraries in
recipe-sysroot/...
I am not getting any libusb stuff there with libusb1 in DEPENDS.

On Thu, Oct 4, 2018 at 2:01 PM Burton, Ross <ross.burton at intel.com> wrote:

> The recipe you're after for DEPENDS is libusb1.  If that doesn't work
> then there's a bug in the configure script.
>
> Ross
> On Thu, 4 Oct 2018 at 18:19, Tim Hammer <tdhammer99 at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I am trying to write a recipe for cc-tool (
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/cctool/) and ran into the following
> error during the build:
> >
> > | checking for libusb-1.0 >= 1.0.0... no
> > | configure: error: Package requirements (libusb-1.0 >= 1.0.0) were not
> met:
> > |
> > | No package 'libusb-1.0' found
> >

> > I have added "libusb1" and then tried "libusb-compat" and also "libusb"
> as well as "libusb-1.0" to my recipe's DEPENDS but nothing gets
> fetched/built.
> >
> > I previously encountered the same failure with Boost and adding it to
> DEPENDS was the solution. What am I missing for libusb-1.0?
> >
> > Do I need to instead modify the configure input to look in a different
> location for libusb-1.0?
> > --
> >
> > .Tim
> > --