[yocto] Forcing GCC version for native compilation

Teemu K maillinglists18 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 23:32:49 PST 2018

Hi,

I have project made for Yocto 1.7, but I'd like to compile it on newer
Linux distribution that default GCC version is 5.x. GCC version itself
causes some problems, because some things have changed.

There is also GCC 4.8 available, but it's not called 'gcc', but 'gcc-4.8'.

The question is that is there way to force yocto use 'gcc-4.8' instead
of 'gcc'? I did some searching and couldn't find any options how to do
it. I tried to making link to ~/bin/gcc pointing gcc-4.8 and having
that first in PATH, but that didn't quite work. I'm guessing path got
re-set at some point.

And before someone says. Updating Yocto to solve problem is not
solution. System is being updated, but current system still needs to
be able to compile.

-TeemuK