[yocto] using pip3-native to install python requirements

Belisko Marek marek.belisko at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 01:45:46 PST 2018

On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 10:35 AM Outback Dingo <outbackdingo at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 12, 2018 at 3:22 PM Belisko Marek <marek.belisko at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm having recipe for custom python3 application whcih need to install
> > ~20 python dependencies. I've create requirements.txt and using pip on
> > PC I can install necessary python packages. When try to use
> > pip3-native (as DEPENDS) and call pip3 I get some errors:
> >
> > pkg_resources.VersionConflict: (pip 8.1.1
> > (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages), Requirement.parse('pip==9.0.1'))
> >
> > I would like to ask it pip3 can be used (didn't find any other
> > occurrence in poky) or should I add python dependencies as RDEPENDS ?
>
> i believe you just need to add inherit setuptools3 to the recipe your
> trying to use pip3 for
Well application doesn't contain setup.py (after inheriting setuptool3 I get:)
recipe-sysroot-native/usr/bin/python3-native/python3: can't open file
'setup.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
| ERROR: python3 setup.py build_ext execution failed.

So is the correct way to create setup.py which will internall somehow
add all required external modules to be installed. Thanks.

> > Thanks.
> >
> > BR,
> >
> > marek
> >

> > --
> > as simple and primitive as possible
> > Marek Belisko - OPEN-NANDRA
> > Freelance Developer
> >
> > Ruska Nova Ves 219 | Presov, 08005 Slovak Republic
> > Tel: +421 915 052 184
> > skype: marekwhite
> > twitter: #opennandra
> > web: http://open-nandra.com