[yocto] busybox / sysklogd post install conflict

Brian Walsh brian at walsh.ws
Tue May 22 08:28:04 PDT 2018

I have run into an issue building against sumo branch (using opkg if that
matters). This patch removed the update-alternatives for sysklogd.

https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/poky/commit/?id=c83eb10f70b714ce3a8c165fad547d800f3ed27d

However, busybox is still configured with syslog support. The script that
generates all of the symlinks for busybox runs during the main busybox
package post install. This causes the post install to exit with an error
since it can't create the links for klogd and syslogd if sysklogd is
installed without update alternatives.

>From busybox.postinst:

update-alternatives --install /sbin/klogd klogd /bin/busybox.nosuid 50
update-alternatives --install /sbin/syslogd syslogd /bin/busybox.nosuid 50

I think that patch needs to be reverted. The rconflicts for busybox-syslog
and sysklogd takes care of the conflicting config file name that is shared
between the two packages but we still need the update-alternatives. Unless
the function that generates the busybox symlinks gets smart enough to
generate the symlinks only in the busybox-syslog package.