[yocto] Problem with Python when running oe-init-build-env

Paul Barker paul at betafive.co.uk
Wed May 2 13:32:17 PDT 2018

On Wed, 2 May 2018, at 21:17, Zoran Stojsavljevic wrote:
> Hello Raymond,
>
> YOCTO is, per say, moving target. If you have YOCTO Krogoth, you should
> have somehow frozen host Centos 7 release around this time. As you now
> moving to Rocko, you need to fast-forward the whole host Centos 7 (in other
> words to upgrade Centos 7) to this state (maybe to latest, it'll still
> work, I guess).

Sorry, I'd say this is wrong. Centos is a pretty stable base and I wouldn't expect backwards incompatible changes to be made within a stable release series. So if a Yocto release worked on a given Centos version (say Centos 7) at the time of release, it should still work now.

Advising people to "freeze" their host system and stop taking security/bugfix updates pushed by their distro is a bad idea.

--
Paul Barker
Beta Five Ltd