[yocto] How to get mysqy/mariadb to start on powerup.

Greg Wilson-Lindberg GWilson at sakuraus.com
Fri Mar 16 14:10:06 PDT 2018

I've run journalctl on both install_db.service & mysqld.service. mysqld comes back with no entries. install_db comes back with a line each for Starting and Started Install MySQL Community Server Database.

systemctl status returns exited success for install_db, for mysqld it reports Active: inactive (dead).

systemctl list-unit-files shows install_db as enabled and mysqld as disabled.

I was able to start mysqld with systemctl start and it showed running with systemctl status & ps. But it did not restart after a reboot.

If there is anything else that I can do to help understand what is going on please let me know.

Greg