[yocto] Documentation error report

daryl at daryllee.com daryl at daryllee.com
Sat Mar 10 16:10:02 PST 2018

I'm not sure who to send this to, so maybe someone can redirect me...

I'm going through the Yocto Project Quick Start at
https://www.yoctoproject.org/docs/2.4.1/yocto-project-qs/yocto-project-qs.html, and I encountered a minor error that might be worth fixing.  There are two consecutive commands given for cloning Poky and checking out the current
version:

$ git clone git://git.yoctoproject.org/poky
$ git checkout tags/yocto-2.4.1 -b poky_2.4.1

For myself, I had to insert a

$ cd poky

between them to succeed.

And, as always, my sincere thanks to everyone who has ever contributed
to this endeavor; it's a big help to me.  I've been using it for
several months now via Xilinx's Petalinux wrapper and now I'm trying
to get "under the covers" to understand better what kind of magic is
going on.

--
Daryl