[yocto] cannelloni.bb (Was: [Chicken and Egg problem] Defining RDEPENDS of the package itself)

Zoran Stojsavljevic zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 04:09:45 PDT 2018

> I'm happy to move cannelloni to a generic layer if there is wider interest.

I did not write only the stand-alone recipe for cannelloni, since I
needed the one, original one from this location:
https://github.com/mguentner/cannelloni

I also wrote one for can-utils, since one, residing in YOCTO Projects
from Pengutronix GIT is 8y old.
I used one from here (most recent, I guess):
https://github.com/linux-can/can-utils

So, I created my own layer, and put them both (recipes) there.

If you all ask me, I would like to have some generic CAN layer, where
these CAN recipes can reside.

There are more CAN user space creations, most of them work over
socketCAN (and these days more important socketCAN-Fd) frameworks.

This generic CAN layer creation will be the step toward the unified
automotive system CAN architecture... IMHO.

Zoran
_______