[yocto] cannelloni.bb (Was: [Chicken and Egg problem] Defining RDEPENDS of the package itself)

Gunnar Andersson gandersson at genivi.org
Thu Jul 19 03:41:09 PDT 2018

On Wed, 2018-07-18 at 23:49 +0200, Mirza Krak wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 18, 2018, 13:38 Zoran Stojsavljevic <zoran.stojsavljevic at gmail
> .com> wrote:
> > Hello YOCTO community,
> >
> > Since I need to build the latest and the greatest Github creations
> > from the independent contributors, I decided myself to write few YOCTO
> > recipes and to get myself to this (un)pleasant learning path.
> >
> > I did few examples, simplistic ones, before I took more complex
> > recipes to write.
> >
> > And... I need this one, Cannelloni, one defined here:
> > https://github.com/mguentner/cannelloni
>
> Recipe for above can be found here, https://github.com/GENIVI/genivi-dev-
> platform/blob/master/meta-genivi-dev/meta-genivi-dev/recipes-
> extended/cannelloni/cannelloni.bb.

Since that layer is not kept as a separate submodule, your only reasonable
option would be copying, so I'll jump in to preempt that.

It would be better with a single location (shared maintenance).  meta-
genivi-dev is where we keep things that (seem to be so far) unique to our
platform, so rather than recommending to reuse that layer we strive to push
things out of there, as soon as it makes sense.

I'm happy to move cannelloni to a generic layer if there is wider interest.

meta-can-networking?  There might be some other CAN associated components of
interest so that it does not become one of those single-recipe layers...

On the other hand, some related things are elsewhere:

- meta-openembedded/meta-oe/recipes-extended/socketcan/*

Please share your thoughts.

- Gunnar