[yocto] Issue in extracting Yocto Sdk

Burton, Ross ross.burton at intel.com
Mon Jul 9 02:18:11 PDT 2018

Some comments inline, including where I think your problem is:

On 9 July 2018 at 10:04, AKASH BHARDWAJ <akash12bhardwaj at gmail.com> wrote:

> LICENSE = "CLOSED"

Why are you setting LICENSE in local.conf?

> PACKAGE_FEED_URIS = " http://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit/cgit.cgi/meta-
>> raspberrypi/tree/recipes-devtools/wiringPi/wiringpi_git.bb?h=master
>> https://git.yoctoproject.org/cgit.cgi/poky/plain/meta/
>> recipes-devtools/i2c-tools/i2c-tools_4.0.bb https://github.com/
>> eMakerStudio/meta-rpi/tree/morty/recipes-devtools/pi-
>> blaster/pi-blaster_git.bbappend https://git.pengutronix.de/
>> cgit/imx/sdma-firmware"

This isn't what PACKAGE_FEED_URIS is for

> DISTRO_FEATURES_append += "virtualization"

Missing whitespace before virtualization when using append.

> IMAGE_INSTALL = "packagegroup-core-boot \
>>     packagegroup-core-x11 \
>>     packagegroup-lxde-base \
>>     kernel-modules \
>> "

Why are you overriding IMAGE_INSTALL in local.conf?  Write your own image
recipe.

> PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm package_deb package_ipk "

You only need to put more than one entry here if you're testing the
packaging infrastructure, you can remove the entries you don't use.

PACKAGE_CLASSES ?= "package_rpm package_deb package_ipk "

Again.

TOOLCHAIN_HOST_TASK += "nativesdk-cmake-dev"

I suspect that here you are overriding the default value which is set using
?=, which is why you have a broken SDK.  Use _append.

> IMAGE_INSTALL_APPEND = "git apt dpkg opkg rpm sudo wiringpi wiringpi-dev
>> cmake connman connman-client tzdata i2c-tools i2c-tools-dev  pi-blaster
>> pi-blaster-dev"

That's not a variable anything uses.

> CORE_IMAGE_EXTRA_INSTALL=" rpm opkg dpkg git sudo wiringpi apt
>> wiringpi-dev cmake tzdata localedef i2c-tools i2c-tools-dev connman
>> connman-client  pi-blaster pi-blaster-dev"

Unused as you're resetting IMAGE_INSTALL above.

I strongly recommend that you make your own distro file for distro-wide
configuration (distro features, etc) and then your own image recipe.
Jamming everything into local.conf just gets messy and unmaintainable.

Ross