[yocto] porting gRPC into Yocto

Simon Chamlian simon.chamlian at mpbc.ca
Thu Jul 5 07:49:42 PDT 2018

Hi,

After reading several documents, there seems to be several methods to
add/remove packages from a build.
I just want to make sure I am using the correct method that falls into
YOCTO architecture.

In local.conf file, I can use:

IMAGE_INSTALL_remove = " dropbear"
IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " openssh net-snmp "

To remove dropbear and add openssh and net-snmp into image.

Is this the right way of doing it?  Do I use 'DISTRO_FEATURES_remove'  or
simply ' IMAGE_INSTALL_remove' ?

Does Yocto fetch *.bb files and source files just by adding these commands
in local.conf or I need more steps to do?

Thanks,
S.