[yocto] gcc leak-sanitizer on arm target

Khem Raj raj.khem at gmail.com
Wed Jan 31 10:56:32 PST 2018

On Wed, Jan 31, 2018 at 7:06 AM, Pieter Cardoen
<pieter.cardoen at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear
>
> I am having trouble to enable leak sanitizer and thread sanitizer for my arm target. If I enable gcc-sanitizers, I only have these libraries on the target rootfs:
> * libasan.so.3
> * libasan.so.3.0.0
> * libsanitizer.spec
> * libubsan.so.0
> * libubsan.so.0.0.0
>
> liblsan.so.* and libtsan.so.* is missing.
>
> I took a look into the build directory:
> tmp/work/cortexa9hf-neon-poky-linux-gnueabi/gcc-sanitizers/6.2.0-r0/gcc-6.2.0/build.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi.arm-poky-linux-gnueabi/libsanitizer/
>
> in file asan/Makefile, I find "toolexeclib_LTLIBRARIES = libasan.la"
> while in file lsan/Makefiel, it is commented out: "#toolexeclib_LTLIBRARIES = liblsan.la"
>
> Is it possible to compile the leak and thread sanitizer library for arm?

it was only tested on x86  in past so its not included in other
arches. You can however try it out
by adding

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " liblsan libtsan"

to local.conf and if it works report back and we might cook a final
patch to enable it unconditionally.