[yocto] Build rpi-basic-image Pi3 with kernel-devsrc error : conflicting requests nothing provides /bin/awk needed by kernel-devsrc-1.0-r0.raspberrypi3

DI SCHIENA Eric eric.di-schiena at thalesgroup.com
Fri Jan 19 06:58:36 PST 2018

Hello,
I'have tried to generate rpi-basic-image for a Pi3 using Rocko branch of poky.
I succeeded doing it but when I added the following variable in my conf/local.conf:

TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK_append = " kernel-devsrc"

Then I got following issue:

Problem: conflicting requests
  - nothing provides /bin/awk needed by kernel-devsrc-1.0-r0.raspberrypi3

My host is an Ubuntu 14.04LTS (under VirtualBox)

I spent quite a lot of time to found out what happens by googling  but unfortunately I did not find a solution.
Can anybody help me ?

Regards