[yocto] [Eclipse Yocto Plugin] Standalone pre-built toolchain

philippe gislard philippe.gislard at gmail.com
Fri Jan 19 11:54:42 PST 2018

Hello,

I tried to follow this wiki:
https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/TipsAndTricks/RunningEclipseAgainstBuiltImage
But with Eclipse Oxygen and the corresponding Yocto plugin.

The Plugin won't let me save the Standalone pre-built toolchain.
Clicking on "save as ..." or "Rename" has no effect when the radio
button is set to "Standalone pre-built toolchain"
When I close and reopen the seting window, my settings are lost.
Clicking on "save as ..." or "Rename" works well when the radio button
is set to "Build system derived toolchain" and my settings are saved.

Am I missing something ?

Also, when I try to setup the "Standalone pre-built toolchain" it
seems I have to rename the sysroot/host_folder in the sdk installation
directory.
By default it is named with: ${SDK_ARCH}${SDK_VENDOR}-${SDK_OS}
It seems that if SDK_VENDOR contains the word "sdk" the plugin won't
accept the directory (ex: "i686-mysdk-linux").
It displays a "Toolchain and host arch mismatch." error.

Should I downgrade to a previous eclipse version ? Neon, Mars ?

--
Philippe GISLARD