[yocto] [Pyro] Multiple toolchains

philippe gislard philippe.gislard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 23:27:38 PST 2018

> Hi Philippe,
>
> You might want to try to patch your kernel for newer GCC versions. We've
> done that successfully with our 3.4 based kernels. See for example the
> commits we used on our LG Hammerhead (Nexus 5) kernel.
> https://github.com/Halium/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/commits/halium-5.1
> See the commits from 13th of October for reference. There are other ways to
> do it and have separate toolchains, but that should address your main GCC
> related issues probably.

Herman,

Thank you for your tip.
I actually managed to compile our kernel with the 5.x toolchain using:
1. your patch https://github.com/Halium/android_kernel_lge_hammerhead/commit/af33db048d85d789410e2c1fa44aa5fca187c777
2. had to specify in our recipe the C Dialect to gnu89 (see:
https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.9.0/gcc/C-Dialect-Options.html#C-Dialect-Options)
with: KERNEL_EXTRA_ARGS += " KCFLAGS=-std=gnu89 "

It might also work with the 6.x using the compile-gcc6.h header

--
Philippe GISLARD