[yocto] Yocto Project Status WW03’18

Jolley, Stephen K stephen.k.jolley at intel.com
Tue Jan 16 11:03:36 PST 2018

Current Dev Position: YP 2.5 M2 development

Next Deadline: YP 2.5 M2 cut off was 1/15/18

SWAT team rotation: Joshua -> Armin on Jan. 12, 2018.

SWAT team rotation: Armin -> Ross on Jan. 19, 2018.

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Build_Failure_Swat_Team

Key Status/Updates:

·         2.3.3 and 2.4.1 were released. These releases do not contain spectre/meltdown patches/fixes as those are still being worked on and haven’t merged yet.

·         We are mostly up to date with patch queues although there are some bigger series which are still being tested/reviewed and are still pending

·         Due to testing problems with 2.5 M1 rc3, it is still undergoing QA testing and is 90% complete. We are continuing to have some QA transition/infrastructure issues. See: https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.5_QA_Status.

·         A separate update on the spectre/meltdown status and the project has been sent out to the oe-core mailing list.

Planned upcoming dot releases:

YP 2.4.2 (Rocko) will be built when a stable version of the spectre/meltdown patches has been proven ready.

YP 2.3.4 (Pyro) will be built when a stable version of the spectre/meltdown patches has been proven ready.

YP 2.2.3 (Morty) rc1 is in QA, see https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/2.2_QA_Status.  We are considering holding this release candidate and building another when a stable version of the spectre/meltdown patches has been proven ready.

Key YP 2.5 Dates are:

YP 2.5 M1 rc3 is in QA, see above link.

YP 2.5 M2 cut off is past, it should be built as soon as the spectre/meltdown patches are ready and have been proven ready.

YP 2.5 M2 release of 1/26/18

YP 2.5 M3 cut off of 2/19/18

YP 2.5 M3 release of 3/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 cut off of 4/2/18

YP 2.5 M4 release of 4/27/18

Tracking Metrics:

            WDD 2672 (last week 2700)

(https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/charts/combo.html)

Key Status Links for YP:

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_Project_v2.5_Status

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Schedule

https://wiki.yoctoproject.org/wiki/Yocto_2.5_Features

[If anyone has suggestions for other information you’d like to see on this weekly status update, let us know!]

Thanks,

Stephen K. Jolley
Yocto Project Program Manager
INTEL, MS JF1-255, 2111 N.E. 25th Avenue, Hillsboro, OR 97124
•   Work Telephone:        (503) 712-0534
•    Cell:                              (208) 244-4460
• Email:                            stephen.k.jolley at intel.com