[yocto] How to install dtb file to boot directory

Maciej Pijanowski maciej.pijanowski at 3mdeb.com
Tue Jan 16 01:29:17 PST 2018

On 13.01.2018 20:32, Mostafa Farzane wrote:
> I sucssesfully installed kernel to boot directory by comment out RDEPENDS_kernel-base="" line in local.conf. now i need to install dtb file to boot directory as well. I tried use do_install_append in my kernel recipe but no success. Any suggestion?

I may suggest installing packages `kernel-image` and `kernel-devicetree`
to install both kernel image and
devicetree in rootfs.

To do that you would need to add:

IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " kernel-image kernel-devicetree" in your's image
recipe or local.conf.

Let me know if this is any help for you.

--
Maciej Pijanowski
Embedded Systems Engineer