[yocto] Where to further modify or remove some elements in the zImage and rootfs of the core-image-minimal build?

Nguyễn Thanh Vũ ngthanh.vu94 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 07:49:15 PST 2018

I'm currently trying to build a very small image for my imx freescale board
by further reducing the size of core-image-minimal build to make it boot
faster. However, I do not know where the recipes for building the zImage
(and rootfs) locate inside the yocto directory (fsl-release-bsp) to start
modifying. For example, the networking/drivers/sound part in the kernel
(net/built-in.o , sound/built-in.o ....). Can anyone give me some hints?